Hier noch ein paar Notes zu einem Interview das Rocket gestern gab von reddit.com
submitted 15 Stunden ago* by FLHKE
Dean is talking on Twitch with BikeMan, here are some notes I was able to scribble from the itw:
* Radios : Unlimited for now (both in durability and distance). Will probable have a range limit, and degradation.
* Ultimately, radios will be able to replace side chat (server-side option)
* Button to raise your weapon: still being discussed. Possibility to lower the weapon automatically after a while of having it raised.
* MASSIVE list of new items. improvised grenades!
* Poop still being discussed.
* Aim: no meters at all. First, we'll have text queues like "You're feeling hungry". Ultimately, it'll be audio queue (by the guy who did the zombie sounds)
* SA reportedely to be pretty stable, more stable than Arma II. The server does pretty much EVERYTHING, it even populates the UI.
* Desync: "Won't happen in the same way it did before. We'll have latency, but no desync."
* Weapons: more simple approach. All items and guns are being redone. A guy working on it worked on GTA before that.
* Bolt action rifle, rugers, remington, and a bunch of military weapons. "We are not aiming for realism, we're aiming for authenticity".
* Camp construction: nothing planned yet. Being really brutal about 2 things: 1st is architecture. Dean want it to be right. Quality over quantity. 2nd are vehicules. They're going to be ripped out and completly redone. Dean will probably keep the current vehicules but he wants something that WORKS.
* How rare sniper rifles are going to be ? "I'm a total dick asshole when it comes to video games. I like hard, complex, deep games. So yeah they'll be rare". Buildings are being redone, all the room searchable. Huge loot potential.
* Every weapon and item have a spawn ratio.
* No stamina system to be implemented, but short boost running.
* "Technically we can do the release whenever we want to, but we want to do the release as a paid alpha in order to limit the number of people pwning the servers".
* Will we be able to shoot from inside cars? "No. We're looking at removing the cars entirely and doing them from scratch so it can't be done right now. No idea if it's going to be implemented".
* Server hosting will be available from day 1. There will be some degree of customization.
* "People will need to wait for vehicules. First things we want people to be able to do is: run around, get killed, find guns, craft things, get water.. all the basic things people are able to do right now in the mod. From there, we follow the minecraft approache, we pump out an update. We nerf this, we add that, we add a weapon, we add batteries to radios...."
* Wildlife: "We've got an artist and an animator to make a deer." Highly unlikely on the basis of animation that we'll see animals that can be a threat to players.
* Basically, Dean would prefer having a small release at launch. Not even promote the launch date. Just boom, it's there. "It'll be easier on the servers and the team will have time to work on serious stuff and not do damage control. If the game is good, it will market itself."
* 3 states for zombies: "loot", "alerted", "frenzy".
* If you run out of the line of sight of a zombie for a tick, it'll move into back into its "alert" state. It'll keep a certain amount of aggro.
* "How modified is the engine from Arma III ? Arma III is a FPS. Dayz is an MMO. They're completely different. We can store any variable for any items."
* "Stayed 30 minutes at the peak. I was worried about my foot as despite having electric warmers, my left foot started to become colder than my right foot."
(lost connection there)
Back on DayZ
* Max player per server: no idea. No theorical limit, apart from bandwidth. It shouldstart to get the hiccups at 150 people, but that's just a rough estimate.
* Hello Dean, he's looking at the thread, what's below that line is fake
* OMFG TALKING SQUIRRELS CONFIRMED !!
* Hello kitty backpacks also confirmed, renamed "Goodbye Pussy Backpack" for SA.
End of itw.